Lake Erie Arboretum at Frontier (LEAF)
LEAF strives to generate a greater awareness of the importance of trees to our lives through its mission of creating educational opportunities and outdoor experiences for our community.
Programs and Services
LEAF, the Lake Erie Arboretum at Frontier, knows why people visit Frontier Park - because it is beautiful. Whether you’re there for your child’s soccer or tennis match, a 5K run or cross-country meet, to walk your dog or to attend a Corgi Convention; LEAF ensures that each visit is a unique experience. The generosity of our community donors has allowed us to:
• Stage free concerts and year-round family-friendly festivals for over 10,000 people.
• Provide a hands-on nature experience for over 2,000 Erie elementary school children.
• Supply program assistance to over 800 underserved children in our community.
• Transform nearly three acres of space in the park into useable community space filled with native grass, trees and wild flowers.
• Increase accessibility throughout the park with bridges and miles of new trails.
• Enrich your community and provide you with a clean, safe, and beautiful space to enjoy nature.
We accomplished all this with a staff of only three part-time employees and a few caring volunteers. As the non-profit partner of Frontier Park, LEAF receives no municipal, state or federal funding; we rely exclusively on the support of our community partners and people like you.