Cystic Fibrosis Association of Erie County
The Cystic Fibrosis Association ("CFA") is incorporated to offer support to individuals and families affected by cystic fibrosis in Erie and Crawford counties, Pennsylvania. CFA distributes funds for reasonable and necessary CF-related medical care and other costs associated not covered. The CFA strives to raise awareness of the incurable, life-shortening disease for which there is no cure.
Programs and Services
1. Pay $125 per appointment for eligible CF treatment centers and hospitals.
2. CF-related co-pays for doctors’ visits, hospital stays, and prescriptions not covered by insurance.
3. Over-the-counter non-prescriptions, and supplements. (with limitations.)
4. Hotel stays for a caregiver, at a reasonable rate and up to 14 days when a CF patient is hospitalized.
5. Meal assistance for the caregiver when the patient is hospitalized up to $25 a day.
6. Patient hospitalization; day of admission $125 and an additional $125 on the day of discharge.
7. Other CF-related expenses on a case-by-case basis and within the framework of CFA policies and bylaws.